Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

And a Happy Birthday to two people asking to remain anonymous! One is 50 years old, the other 81...

I am thankful to be an American, a Democrat, and a Kentuckian. I'm thankful for being active in politics and having the chance to meet or know people like Jonathan Miller, Crit Luallen, Greg Stumbo, Ben Chandler, Mike Weaver, Max Cleland, Wendell Ford, Evan Bayh, John Edwards, Joe Biden, John Kerry, our representatives and senators in Frankfort, our leaders in the Young Democrats, College Democrats, and getting to know my fellow bloggers. I cannot forget to thank those that have served the country in the Armed Forces. I'm thankful for the Bridge because I wouldn't have had the chance to know what was going on politically in Louisville when I was at school otherwise. Controversial as the site may be sometimes, I am thankful for the Bluegrass Report for their constant coverage of the Fletcher scandal. As Lee Greenwood once said, "I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men who died to give that right to me..."

G-d Bless America.

Some Thanksgiving humor that found it's way to the inbox from Bangitout.com:
Top Ten Ways you Know You are at a Jewish Thanksgiving Dinner
10. Your grandmother asks for the gravy by requesting "the turkey schmaltz"
9. "The turkey is served!" line is followed by someone cracking open an expired Empire deli pack
8. Leftover vegetable kugel is suddenly titled "stuffing"
7. Your neighbor comes over to borrow your hat and jacket for his Pilgrim outfit
6. Someone accidentally starts singing shalom aleichem
5. Dinner is delayed while family clears off the table of Macy’s coupons
4. Meal cancelled due to prohibition on using Indian customs and the fact that your mom is busy cooking for shabbos
3. Homemade pies are from Supersol
2. Someone shares a really bad gematria dvar torah connecting Pocahontas and Hashem
1. It's Friday night

Does anyone know if the turkey that the president pardoned was under investigation or already indicted? I couldn't resist that one.

The Survival song - it's pretty darn hilarious.

No comments: